** JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR **
The Immigrant Center, a small, award-winning non-profit dedicated to serving clients from all over the world seeks an experienced Executive Director to lead the organization to the next level. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Immigrant Center to achieve its objectives successfully and effectively. In this exciting role the Executive Director will be the public face of the organization focusing on advocacy, community outreach and becoming well versed in immigration issues and regulations. The Director will ensure that staff is well prepared to assist clients navigate the complex US Immigration system. The Immigrant Center has a caring, dedicated culture and it places a high priority on communication, respect and collaboration. The Advisory Board seeks an Executive Director who is aligned with this culture and will continue to enhance it through positive leadership. By asserting leadership at a time when the immigrant community requires support – the Executive Director can make a significant difference.
The Executive Director will work with the Advisory Board to meet the following primary goals:
• Hire, supervise and evaluate staff.
• Develop an entry plan for communication and community outreach with local and state stakeholders.
• Represent the organization at events and presentations and speak directly to reporters, donors, government representatives and members of the community.
• Implement and direct staff resources to support the organization’s objectives.
• Develop, prepare and manage annual budget to ensure fiscal success.
• Supervise and write grant applications and renewals as required.
• Plan, oversee and support fundraising efforts.
• Cultivate donor relationships.
• Prepare finance and operations reports for the Advisory Board.
• Ensure operational compliance of the organization with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
• Previous experience in a leadership/managerial role
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
• Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance related performance metrics
• Strong aptitude for verbal/written communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of best practices in management, personnel and governance
• Immigration, legal experience and bilingualism a plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 2 letters of reference to Rose Ellis, Advisory Board Chair of Berkshire Immigrant Center (BIC), at email@example.com. Screenings will begin in late January and position will remain open until filled.
Berkshire Immigrant Center is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, with a long-standing commitment to increasing the diversity in the employee community