TITLE: Administrative Assistant/Intake Coordinator
PROGRAM: Berkshire Immigrant Center, Pittsfield, MA
SUPERVISOR: Berkshire Immigrant Center Director, Brooke Mead
SALARY: Range based upon experience
HOURS: 20-hrs/week, Monday–Thursday, 8:45 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time
- Work with families/individuals seeking help; direct them to appropriate staff or program representative.
- Answer in-coming phone calls and schedule appointments.
- Provide secretarial/general support services associated with all services provided by Berkshire Immigrant Center.
- Assist with oral interpretation and document translation.
- Schedule client appointments, perform intakes, and collect fees.
- Data entry and maintenance of client database.
- Direct supervision of interns and volunteers.
- Responsible for secretarial/receptionist duties.
- Maintaining filing systems, some limited accounting tasks, data entry, resource information and office supplies.
- Working on special projects as needed.
- Must live within 1 hour driving distance from Pittsfield, MA.
- Must be compassionate and welcoming to people from all backgrounds.
- Some relevant training beyond high school and a minimum of two years of office experience.
- Must be fluent in English & Spanish.
- Good judgment with ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently.
- Must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Office.)
- Commitment to and ability to articulate agency mission.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish & English.
- Excellent organizational capabilities.
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor and work productively with interruptions.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
Interviews will begin in January and position will remain open until filled in the New Year.
Berkshire Immigrant Center
67 East Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Tel: (413) 445-4881, Fax: (413) 445-4802
Serving the many faces of Berkshire County