Thank you for your interest in donating to the Berkshire Immigrant Center and our clients! BIC accepts clothing, furniture, and household items in very good serviceable condition. We do not accept older style television sets, computer monitors, large exercise equipment, or oversize items that are too heavy for two people to carry.
Donated clothing is offered to low-income clients of the Center free of charge at our on-site “boutique”. Furniture and household items are given directly to those in need or sold at benefit tag sales with proceeds going directly to the Center. You can be assured that your donation will be reused, recycled and very much appreciated! Small donations/clothing can be brought to the Center, Monday-Thursday, 9:30-12:30. If assistance is required, please call in advance (413) 445-4881 to arrange an assisted drop-off.
We can sometimes arrange to have furniture or large loads picked up or, if we have a client who has expressed a need for the item, we might attempt to match them directly with a donor. This part of our program is run entirely through volunteers and as such often our capacity to pick up and/or store items is limited. We handle each request for pick up on a case by case basis and ask that, if interested you email email@example.com:
- description of what you would like to donate
- photos of the items
- address where it needs to be picked up
- timeline for collecting it
After receipt of a donation we provide a tax deductible receipt letter for IRS purposes. To receive this letter, please provide us with your name, phone number, mailing address, and a general list of items you donated.
We are sorry we cannot accommodate all donations but are providing the list below to assist you in donating elsewhere. Thank you again for your support of our program!
- Goodwill 413-442-0061. 158 Tyler Street, Pittsfield. Will take clothing, household items, small appliances in good working condition.
- Habitat for Humanity. 413-443-2106. Will take donations of left over construction and building materials at their Restore. Will pick up furniture at your house. Call 413-266-1144 for pick up.
- Salvation Army in Pittsfield. 413-448-8900, 800-728-7825. Will pick up furniture, etc…
- Ives Recycling. 413-841-3080. Will pick up electronic equipment, refrigerators, stoves, metal desks, stereos, metal stuff, lawn mowers, computers, etc…
- Lenox Valley WTF, “Waste/Recycling Transfer Facility”. 413-637-1101. Does not pick up, but for a small fee will take mattresses, sofas, household items, appliances, Automobile supplies, carpets, office equipment and electronics, junk. Call to ask first if they take the item.
- CET. Center for Ecological Tech. 413-445-4556 or check their website cetonline.org for info on going green and hazardous waste drop off sites in your area.